SALISBURY — On March 27, Delmarva Power-Maryland residential customers began to receive the second $50 rate credit as a result of the merger between Exelon and Pepco Holdings — the parent company of Delmarva Power.
After receiving the first rate credit in April 2016, to date, Maryland customers have received more than $17 million in credits, according to a company press release.
This final round of credits will be automatically applied to each household’s bill as part of a broader package of benefits that will make energy more affordable for Delmarva Power Maryland customers as a direct result of the merger. The credits are applied to the bill balance and will be reflected on each customer’s account.
“We’re excited to provide our customers with their second bill credit as a result of our merger with Exelon,” said Gary Stockbridge, Delmarva Power region president. “This recent credit is another merger promise that we are proud to meet for our customers.
“We encourage customers to consider using the $50 they saved on this month’s bill to take advantage of energy efficiency programs available to Maryland customers,” Stockbridge said.
For more information on energy efficiency programs, rebates and incentives customers can visit: delmarva.com/saveenergy or call 1-800-375-7117.
Other merger benefits for Delmarva Power-Maryland customers include:
• $11.7 million for energy efficiency, including 20 percent to programs dedicated to energy efficiency benefits in affordable multifamily housing
• Higher standards for the reliability of electric service for our customers
• More than $1 million in workforce development investments
• Development of 5 megawatts of solar and other Tier 1 renewables in Delmarva
• Improvements to the interconnection process.