Stevensville woman injured when e-cigarette explodes

A Stevensville woman suffered burns Friday, March 16, when her electronic cigarette exploded.

STEVENSVILLE — A 19-year-old Cloverfields woman was injured Friday, March 16, when her electronic cigarette exploded, catching her clothes on fire.

According to a report from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the woman said the device exploded as she was getting it out of her purse. She threw it away from her body, and her father helped her remove her burning clothing and extinguish the fire, the report said.


(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.