Fire on RoundTop View Road

The fire marshal ‘s office reported a beehive smoker being ignited too close to flammable materials caused a fire on the back porch of the home at 127 Round Top View Road near Chestertown.

CHESTERTOWN — Investigators are pointing to a beehive smoker being ignited too close to flammable materials as the cause of Saturday’s porch fire on Round Top View Road near Chestertown in northern Queen Anne’s County.

The Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal has determined that the fire was accidental, according to a news release emailed Monday.

The fire on the back porch was brought under control in 14 minutes, according to the news release. Six volunteer firefighters answered the alarm. The Church Hill Volunteer Fire Company was the primary responder.

The fire marshal’s office listed the owner/occupants of 127 Round Top View Road as William and Carmen Clemons, and said they called in the fire at 4:02 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Loss was estimated to be $200 to the porch and $1,000 to the contents, according to the fire marshal’s report.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.