Witches and goblins and bats, oh my! The spookiest time of year is here, and there’s tons of ways to eat, drink and be scary for an evening full of frightful fun. Your Queen Anne’s County Library card is a completely free, quintessential tool to plan a Halloween bash your ghoulish guests will remember for the rest of their afterlives! From light-hearted hocus pocus to downright scary, instantly access tons of digital titles to create your version of the ultimate Halloween party. Here’s a few of our favorite audiobooks, e-books, music and movies below for creative ways to incorporate a little scare with a lot of fun for everyone:
• Haunted House Décor: Step up the first impression of your party, by going beyond the standard orange and black. The How To Library: Carving Pumpkins e-book will show you step-by-step how to create Jack-O-Lantern masterpieces for a dimly lit haunted porch. Plan a Holiday Party will help you to create themed invitations, streamers and tabletop displays using cobwebs, cauldrons and more to get your guests in the spirit from start to finish.
• Monster Mash-Up: The right tunes set the atmosphere for any party! Mischief Managed from the Harry Pottery soundtrack and Spooky Sounds for Halloween are perfect to stream in the background for a mysterious setting. For a more adult-themed party, download Pre-Drink Party Tunes for Halloween to start a dance party and for guests who came for the “boos!”
• Tricks and Treats: Nothing is more terrifying than a hungry room full of people! For an eerie holiday spin, Betty Crocker’s Halloween e-book has great recipes for Spiderweb black bean burgers, Candy Corn bark and other “finger foods.” After everyone fills up on the savory, Cake Pops: Halloween will help you design a graveyard dessert display of mummies and vampires that will satisfy any sweet tooth in the room.
• Ghostly Games and Creepy Crafts: If any youngsters will be attending, keeping them entertained can be easy with the help of Halloween Origami. Kids can have fun making black cats, tombstones and vampires they can take home with them! If they need to burn off some energy from all the candy, use the Kid’s Halloween Party e-book to set up pumpkin bowling or the mummy maker game for a scary good time.
• Scary Stories: Nothing beats a good ol’ fashioned ghost story to send chills down your spine. Download the Great Ghost Stories audiobook, take a seat around the bonfire and listen to daunting tales from Edgar Allen Poe. If a movie is on your mind, House on Haunted Hill is the perfect choice to make your guests jump!
Visit www.lovemylibrarycard.com today and sign up for your free library card to access these resources and more. Next month we will continue the festivities, with a guide to planning the ultimate Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving!