EASTON — The Maryland Coalition of Families is collaborating with community partners to offer a free six-part Virtual Wellness Workshop Series to educate Maryland families about various aspects of wellness.
According to a news release, the webinars will be offered from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. every Thursday from Jan. 14 through Feb. 18.
“We are all experiencing increased stress due to the pandemic, and many families are experiencing more challenges related to substance use and mental health,” said Julie Slivka, an MCF family peer support specialist based in Easton. “It’s more important now than ever to be proactive about our individual and family wellness, and this unique partnership will allow us to provide Maryland families with much-needed support.”
The webinar series covers a different wellness-related topic each week, presented by community partners with expertise in each area.
Participants will gain practical tools and resources for supporting their own self-care, as well as information on how to navigate common family issues, the release states. Registrants who attend three or more workshops will receive a free self-care kit in the mail.
The webinar schedule is:
• Jan. 14 — Wellness and Self-Care, presented by Maryland Coalition of Families
• Jan. 21— Home and Environmental Wellness, presented by Green & Healthy Homes Initiative
• Jan. 28 — Wellness Tools for Managing Mental Health, presented by For All Seasons
• Feb. 4 — Wellness During Domestic Violence, presented by Mid-Shore Council on Family Violence
• Feb. 11 — Financial Wellness, presented by Truist
• Feb. 18 — Wellness During Conflict, presented by Mid-Shore Mediation.
To register for any of these workshops, go to tiny.cc/WellnessSeries.
Maryland Coalition of Families is a statewide nonprofit that helps families who care for someone with behavioral health needs.To learn more about MCF, visit www.mdcoalition.org.