You are the owner of this article.

Hurlock fire causes damage

  • 0

HURLOCK — First responders were alerted to a fire at Jeff’s Service Center at 50 Railroad Avenue in Hurlock on Monday, March 23 shortly before 8 p.m.

A total of 15 firefighters made it onto the scene and the fire was contained within five minutes.

According to the Office of the State Fire Marshal, the preliminary cause of the fire was said to be accidental as a battery charger was the culprit.

The structure, a 40 by 80 metal framed commercial building, did not sustain serious damage. The report estimated a loss of approximately $5,000.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Latest Special Section

We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!