CAMBRIDGE — A family was displaced by a fire that destroyed a house on Thursday, Aug. 26, in Hurlock.
An occupant at about 2:08 p.m. discovered the electrical fire in a second floor bedroom of the two story wood frame single family dwelling.
Hurlock Volunteer Fire Company led the response of 40 firefighters on the Mill Street home owned by Michael and Debbie Graham.
A smoke alarm was present, but did not activate; but no one was injured in the blaze that did an estimated $80,000 damage to the structure and $20,000 to the contents.
Firefighters controlled the fire in about an hour.
The family was displaced by the fire, and they are being assisted by the American Red Cross.