CAMBRIDGE — An accidental kitchen fire caused significant damage to a home on Willis Street along with exposures to the homes on either side. Crews from Rescue Volunteer Fire Company responded to the fire shortly after 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 21, at 119 Willis Street in Cambridge.

According to the State Fire Marshal’s Office, the two-story, single family dwelling owned by Raymond and Ramona Perry sustained nearly a total loss with damages estimated at $100,000. A vehicle was also damaged in the fire.

The six residents lost all their belongings in the fire but escaped safely along with the family dog. The family cat perished in the fire. No human injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.

Neighbors have established a gofundme for the residents at https://gf.me/u/y9p8zp. Or search for Perry and Garcia family fire fund.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.